Tips in Buying a Car: A Used Car Vs. A Brand New Car
Planning to buy a car? If you are part of the working middle class, there is always the question of buying a used car or buying a brand new car. You can afford the auto but you do not have a lot of extra money. You may have a particular brand in mind, but the brand new one is just way off your budget. So what is it? A used car or a brand new car? Here are some tips for buying a car.
Handy Tips to Remember When Buying a Car
Buying a car is not as simple as shopping for new clothes and shoes. It’s a personal property that needs legalities as well as insurance coverage. You may afford the tag price, but there are concerns like getting car insurance as well as maintenance. Here are some things to consider.
- 1. First off, you have to decide how much money you can allocate for the buying of a car. How much are you willing to spend without experiencing financial difficulty?
- 2. What kind of vehicle do you like? Automatic or stick shift? Gas or diesel? Will it meet your needs (e.g. business, family, lifestyle, location, etc.)
- 3. Check out the prices of the brand new version and you may also see consult a free used car prices guide. Compare prices. Sometimes, you can get a second-hand car at a good rate.
- 4. If it is a used car, consider the rehabilitation procedures that it will have to undergo and compute the expenses. Would you be able to afford it or can the rehabilitation wait?
- 5. New cars will have you paying larger amounts for the car insurance in some first world countries, but in other countries, the older cars would require more insurance premiums. So it depends on where you are.
- 6. Sometimes, buying a brand new car and a one-year-old used car does not make much difference in appearance and function. But it greatly differs in price. So in some cases, the used car would be more practical. Imagine a 20% depreciation.
- 7. Ask around if the vehicle is a fuel guzzler or not. That will really help you decide what to choose.
Hope these tips for buying a car can help you in your search for the perfect vehicle for yourself or your family.
- How and Where to celebrate Women’s Month in Your Lumina Community
- Megaworld Opens Biggest McCafe and McDonald’s NXTGEN Store
- PLDT Home First to Launch PH’s Fastest, 10,000 Mbps Internet
- Parol Lighting and McDonald’s NXTGen Store All Happening at Forbes Hill
- Ford Philippines Presents Safe Driving in the New Normal