5 Things Successful People Do in the Morning
I am a night person. I do my best work at night because it is quiet and well, the internet is working fast at night when there are not too many users. During the day I am sluggish and it seems that my creative juices are not working well.
But ever since I was a little girl, I have always heard stories about being an early riser, being early in everything, starting out early, and all those stuff with the word “early” in them, as they seem to be synonymous to success. As I grew older though and have to burn the midnight candle for school work and eventually for my job, the idea of waking up early the next day is already giving me a headache. And this had become worse ever since I had kids.
However, health experts have summed up what super successful people do before 8AM. Will I be wealthier if I do all these things? If I will, then maybe I should really change my lifestyle? haha
1. Exercise. They say that it does not have to involve going to the gym. There is no particular exercise regimen either. All you have to do is wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual and do some stretching, jumping, or any activity that will get your heart pumping and your blood circulating. I think I should do this. My alarm is usually my daughter wanting to latch, but maybe, after she is done, I could do this. And then hit the shower afterwards for a refreshing day ahead.
2. Make a Plan of Your Day. Set a schedule. They say that the best time to do it is during the morning during your quiet time. I will have to add to this. It should start with your prayer and meditation, followed by your planning session for the day. This should take another 15 minutes–depending on how long you want to spend time with God.
3. Eat a Healthy Breakfast. Self-explanatory. For me, it is usually a harried breakfast, taking bites while walking to and fro preparing my kid to school and taking care of the baby (usually carrying her). But well, I have to cope. This rather insane schedule will end soon when the baby grows a little older.
4. Visualization. Visualize about your day and maybe about your future. This is part of your mental health workout. I need to do this. Yes, I need to.
5. Make Your Day Top Heavy. Do the task you hate most first in the day so that you will not end up procrastinating and hating how your day ended. That way, you will get to enjoy the tasks that you like until the end of the day. ?
Wow! If I follow this, I can make the most of my time and be able to update my blogs even! Yey! I should do all these for myself, maybe not really to become rich but just to keep me sane.