The companies of tycoon Andrew L. Tan under its holding firm Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI) have donated over P603-million in order to fight Covid-19. Indeed, AGI is a business with a heart and conscience.
Business with a Heart
Since the start of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon last March 17, Tan’s company has instituted projects to help both government and other organizations. These are all for protecting Filipinos from the spread of the novel coronavirus:
- P100-million donation to Project Ugnayan. This was used to distribute food vouchers to thousands of urban poor families in Metro Manila.
- P250-million worth of disinfectant alcohol distributed to various hospitals, local government units (LGUs), government agencies, and organizations throughout the Philippines.
- P60-million donation of Megaworld Corporation to Philippine Red Cross for the purchase of four (4) brand new COVID-19 test laboratories. These can conduct around 10,000 tests per day. Read more: Megaworld Gives P60M Worth of Covid-19 Test Labs to Philippine Red Cross
- P65-million donation to various LGUs and non-government organizations for programs related to fight Covid-19.
- P125-million worth of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for medical frontliners and grocery bags for poor communities in Metro Manila. These were distributed by Resorts World Manila and its various partners.
- P3-million worth of food and groceries for healthcare and security frontliners, and construction workers. They also gave free transport for medical workers, which was facilitated by Megaworld Corporation and Megaworld Foundation.
- Distribution of over 100,000 meals to healthcare frontliners, government workers, and urban poor families. This was done through McDonald’s Philippines’ Kindness Kitchen.
Waiver of Mall Rental Fees
Additionally, the company extended its support to retail partners through waiving of rental charges. These took effect in various Megaworld Lifestyle Malls around the country.
- Related: Who Are You Like in This Crisis?
“Along with our healthcare frontliners, our government takes the toughest job in saving more lives against the virus. Our companies are here to support all efforts. And we are continuously looking for ways on how and where we can further extend help and support.” This was disclosed by Kevin Andrew L. Tan, chief executive officer, Alliance Global Group, Inc.
Stay Safe Everyone
Covid-19 is not going to let up anytime soon. Let’s take all precautions to be on the safe side, especially that we live with our families and relatives. We cannot risk taking safety for granted.
Stay healthy and also practice basic hygiene practices like frequent hand washing. Wear face masks when going out and observe social distancing.
Related Stories in this Blog
Meanwhile, here are other stories about Megaworld in this blog.
- Appreciating Family Time and Great Food at Megaworld Hotels
- Have Megaworld Hotels Club Access Card Will Family Travel
- Bacolod Welcomes Two Regis Condominiums by Megaworld
- Megaworld Launches New Bacolod Hotel
- It’s Official! Megaworld Bacolod Breaks Ground for Forbes Hill