Many people think that I am the only writer in family. I may be the factory of articles, but for creative writing, little do people know that it is hubby who has the flair with words. His first blog award just re-affirms my encouragement to him that he should write more. As a Bacolod blogger, I think he needs to write more often.
Bacolod Bloggers Dennis and Sigrid
We are known as the blogging couple here in Bacolod City because we are always together in covering events. However, I know what some people think that hubby just goes with me either as my driver or guard, especially for events in the evening. That’s what Hiligaynons would call COO, which mean “Company opod-opod”, like a personal assistant (PA).
- Related: The Boom of Bacolod Food Tourism
Truth be told, there are reasons that I like having him around. Here are some of them:
- Our dinners are more memorable and sumptuous when we dine together. It seems that I get sad eating when he’s not with me. Going to Bacolod restaurants become much more enjoyable.
- I get a comfortable ride. Since I don’t drive, hubby is the one who drives me to and from events. Sometimes, he stays, but only as my plus one.
- I genuinely prefer his company. Hubby is my best friend and confidante. He has been for 20 years and it’s a hard habit to break.
Membership with NBSI
Eventually, I registered Dennis as my co-blogger for our marriage blog with the Negrense Blogging Society Inc. (NBSI). After all, this couple blog was started for our marriage milestones.
We still covered events together. But since he is also a full-time businessman and very much involved with homeschooling our kids, he is actually rather busy and couldn’t write full-time.
Heartfelt Love Letters
I first knew that hubby could write well when he sent me love letters when we were still dating. He had a lot spare time–no business, no wife, and definitely no kids to take care of.
Somehow, life found its way to him that by the time the kids are asleep, he is already in his “nothing box.” So the love letters stopped. Nevertheless, the love we shared continued and the bond even grew stronger.
It’s just that he needs time to process his thoughts and put them into writing, which he no longer has a lot of time to do.
The Advent of Blog Awards
For the last two years, the NBSI held blog awards. Last year, hubby didn’t join. But this year, he did. He didn’t win, though one of his stories, PLDT Home Maintains Commitment To Keep Filipinos Connected, was really a nice narrative of his relationship with PLDT. I really loved it.
Then Teresa Development Corporation is going to have their own blog awards involving members of the NBSI. We all submitted multiple entries. But hubby submitted only one and it was on the last day. Little did we know that his article, Turn Mourning Into Dancing, would be chosen as one of the winners.
He won first prize with a plaque and P5,000 in cash. Meanwhile, our friend Glady Reyes went home with the grand prize. The awarding was held at the Business Inn to coincide with the company Christmas party.
Thank you so much TDC for this wonderful opportunity. It’s an awesome time for hubby to shine.
First Blog Award: An Affirmation
I am so happy that hubby’s entry was chosen. It’s his first blog award!
For me, I believe that it was an affirmation of his writing as well as his blogging career. Being a Bacolod blogger may just be sideline for him but it’s something meaningful and worthwhile. He can use this blog as an avenue for his interests as well as his campaigns.
Plus the prize money made all of us happy, including the kids! haha They were so happy and proud when we got home. That’s a plus for the family budget this Christmas.
Additionally, this award is for the naysayers who think that hubby is only my personal assistant.
Congratulations, hubby! So happy for you! Keep writing because you really have nice stories to tell. Love ya much!
Love, Proud Wifey xoxo
Happy Wife, Happy Life
I joked that hubby got the plaque while I got the envelope for the prize money and it was a fair deal. Ohhh…I forgot, it wasn’t a joke! hahaha
- Follow our FB page: Marriage Markers
Other Marriage Stories:
Meanwhile, here are some other stories about marriage and relationships in this blog.
- CBTL: Mondays Made Better With You
- Stylist Alee Benson Finds True Love and Eternal Life
- Praying for a Spouse and Getting Exactly What You Asked For
- The Couples’ Game that Made Us Question Our Marriage
- 3 Special Ways to Make the Holidays Special for Your Marriage
- Jayvee and Dawn: God’s Perfect Timing for a Dream Wedding
- Heal the INNER CHILD for a HAPPY MARRIAGE
- Honey, I Shrunk the Wedding Ring!
- HAPPINESS is a Choice | My Choice
Related Posts via Categories